Do you know what living inside the loop really means? Houstonians who live inside the 610 Loop, which forms the inner web of commerce including Downtown, the Heights, the area around Rice University, and other such historic neighborhoods, can be notoriously proud about their prime living location. Scotland Yard Apartments is considered an affordable gem “Inside the Loop”, perfect for residents with or without a vehicle, thus creating a huge demand for its location.
Houstonians often classify an apartment or other landmark as being “inside the loop” simply meaning that it’s generally in the area between Interstate 10 and just south of Highway 59 and between 610 Loop/Houston Galleria area and Downtown Houston. This area inside the loop contains a mixture of historical landmarks, museums, arts, sports arenas, and much more. Another major plus is all of the fabulous restaurants, nightlife options and world class shopping located in this area. Locals feel that living inside the loop is very convenient for a number of different reasons. You have easier access to major highways and experience less traffic in getting to areas like Downtown Houston and The Medical Center. Scotland Yard’s unbeatable location makes the Inner Loop a perfect location to live, work, and enjoy life!
Here are some great reasons to consider living “In the Loop” at Scotland Yard Apartments
- Proximity to Downtown and accessible from most points via the newly constructed METRO Rail. METRO Rail and METRO Bus stops are walking distance to Scotland Yard’s front door.
- NRG Stadium. Home of the Houston Texans National football team and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Also located within walking distance of Scotland Yard Apartments.
- Memorial Park, the largest urban green-space in the Houston Metro area, containing a golf course, tennis courts, an aquatics center, and miles of running trails.
- The Medical Center – the largest Medical Center in the World. Enough Said!
- Kroger on Old Spanish Trail – Throughout its rich history, Kroger has served as an innovator and pioneer in the food retail industry. This grocery store location in particular has excellent Customer Service. Fun Fact: In 1972, Kroger became the first grocery retailer in America to test an electronic scanner.
- Discovery Green is a beautiful, vibrant 12-acre park in the heart of downtown Houston that opened to the public in April 2008. Offers eateries, playgrounds and water features for the young and the young at heart.
- The Galleria, Texas’ largest shopping center and fourth largest domain nationally. International guests and Houstonians blend seamlessly in the center while on shopping excursions or entertaining guests at one of the signature eateries. Spanning 2.4 million square feet of space, housing 400 fine stores and restaurants, two high-rise hotels, and three office towers, The Galleria is Houston’s most popular retail and tourist destination, meeting every style and taste. A plethora of amenities, including a full-size ice rink for recreational and figure skating, a state of the art children’s play area, two swimming pools, three full-service national and international banks, two tailor shops, more than seven beauty salons, and a post office, continually serve a wide range of shopper delights.
At Scotland Yard, we look forward to showing you around our wonderful Houston, Texas apartments for rent. You’ll find a refreshing and relaxing atmosphere to welcome you home! Contact us today at (713) 799-9460 for more information on our remarkable community.